Washington, D.C., Jan. 31, 2017 — FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN) today announced that its Ringtail business has launched version 9.0 of its award-winning e-discovery software.
Ringtail 9.0 provides law firms with a competitive advantage via its combination of visual document review, integrated processing and production and customizable workflows. Ringtail has the time- and cost-saving features that law firm clients expect their counsel to understand and employ in representing their interests. With a newly designed Ringtail.com portal, law firms can drive smarter e-discovery projects and develop new service offerings for clients.
"We’ve combined the best processing, production, analytics and document review features into a single, easy-to-manage application and have transformed the way we deliver and update our software so our clients enjoy the latest features and optimized performance at all times," said Bill Adams, a Senior Managing Director and Head of the Ringtail Business. "With Ringtail, law firms can provide more cost-effective e-discovery services to their clients as well as expand into areas like data analytics, predictive coding and managed review. Ringtail gives e-discovery experts what they most need – an accessible, powerful technology framework to utilize on a wide variety of projects."
Ringtail 9.0 has more than 200 new and enhanced features designed to improve the speed and efficiency of document review and case management. The new client portal dramatically reduces the costs and complexity associated with switching to a new e-discovery platform.
Notable features in version 9.0 include:
- New case home and productivity dashboards: From gauging the status of review projects to analyzing keyword search terms, Ringtail 9.0’s new dashboards present information that helps reviewers and review managers be more informed and more productive.
- Conditional coding with support for custom macros: Powered by a dynamic user interface that presents information in real-time based on reviewers’ inputs, conditional coding delivers an intelligent approach to the coding workflow. Legal teams can create coding macros which give reviewers the accelerator they need to code documents in a much more nuanced and error-free way.
- New multi-tenant client portal: Law firms can effortlessly create, manage and track cases and organizations with Ringtail’s new multi-tenant portal. From starting cases quickly to offering more intelligent data analysis and invoicing, this portal gives law firms more flexibility in how they bill clients.
- Weekly updates via continuous delivery: The new Ringtail 9.0 portal receives weekly updates. From performance optimizations, feature additions and bug fixes Ringtail updates are fast, seamless and non-intrusive. Law firms will enjoy the benefits of being on the cutting edge of innovation minus the pains of being an early adopter.
- New website for all things Ringtail: A new Ringtail.com website has launched to support the new feature set and continuous delivery model. The new site includes training videos, certification courses, searchable documentation and an extensive knowledge base designed to keep Ringtail users productive and efficient.
"Ringtail effortlessly blends a variety of complex technologies into a single, powerful user interface," said Skip Walter, Chief Product Officer for FTI Technology. "And behind that interface is a world-class development team and product management organization that cares about its users. Our technology and people give us a unique ability to deliver incredible value and new opportunities for law firms, transforming core business processes like e-discovery and investigations."
The Ringtail e-discovery platform supports law firms and corporate legal teams of all sizes that are tasked with managing the complexity and scope of today’s global e-discovery. A full-featured platform, Ringtail software processes and culls data, provides a broad range of tools for data review and coding and empowers users with a comprehensive set of redaction and production tools. Ringtail also features world-class visual analytics, concept clustering, predictive coding and advanced workflows. Ringtail is available in a Software as a Service ("SaaS") deployment model, as a managed services model with assistance from Ringtail’s partner network or as an on-premises installation.
Ringtail e-discovery software has received numerous honors from the legal and IT industries, including selection by The National Law Journal, The Legal Intelligencer, The Recorder and KMWorld, as a leader within e-discovery software. Ringtail received the highest product score for the Legal Review Use Case in Gartner’s Critical Capabilities for E-Discovery report (Jie Zhang, Garth Landers, October 6, 2015).
Ringtail demonstrations will be available at the Legaltech New York 2017 conference from January 31-February 2, 2017 in booth 2100 at the New York Hilton Midtown. For more information, please visit www.ringtail.com.