Migrating data from on-premises legacy systems to Office 365 can be a challenge, yet it provides companies with a rare opportunity to update e-discovery and information governance processes and technology.
FTI Technology now teams with Microsoft to provide data governance and discovery consulting and services for Microsoft Office 365 users, assisting companies with a broad range of needs around Office 365 usage to ensure legal and regulatory activities remain cost-effective and defensible, including:
FTI’s global expertise in legal, regulatory and technical matters make it uniquely suited to help organizations implement Microsoft Office 365 so that legal and regulatory requirements are not only accounted for, but are streamlined for easier and more cost-effective management.
Legal Hold and E-Discovery Optimization
Updating process and technology to reduce cost and risk.
As your organization migrates to Microsoft® Office 365™, how can you ensure that your legal hold and downstream e-discovery processes remain efficient, cost-effective and defensible?
FTI Technology’s Information Governance & Compliance Services can help organizations update their legal hold, preservation and e-discovery processes prior, during or post migration to Office 365.
Customized services may include:
- Interviewing and partnering with an organization’s IT, Information Security and Legal departments to ensure input and transparency with key stakeholders on policy development and implementation
- Modernizing the legal hold program for Microsoft Office 365 and more accurately scoped preservation requirements
- Collaborating with IT and Legal to develop defensible policies around mailbox quotas, auto-deletion, data archiving, automatic classification, retention settings, as well as search and retrieval processes
- Evaluating the pros and cons of various collection methodologies for the organization, including Microsoft Office 365 collection features, third-party collection software and archiving software collection tools
- Scanning “BYOD” devices before employees leave the organization to identify and remediate sensitive data, including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and trade secrets
- Moving e-discovery’s “analysis” process upstream, even prior to preservation, to understand key facts sooner
- Utilizing analytics and reporting on data volumes and key concepts to better arm outside counsel in Meet and Confer and settlement negotiations
FTI Technology’s Information Governance Services are tailored to meet specific client needs. Whether you need a trusted advisor to assist with evaluating a new technology, designing workflow, conducting a quick audit or a complete transformational service, FTI Technology can right size the approach for you.
Technical Expertise and a Focus on Defensibility
FTI Technology’s Information Governance & Compliance team, which includes former in-house legal professionals with experience deploying Microsoft Office 365 within Fortune 1000 companies, addresses key corporate data challenges with safety and defensibility by mining, storing, migrating and disposing of corporate data. In addition, the team has expertise designing and implementing defensible e-discovery and information governance policies that are cost-effective and do not disrupt business operations. FTI Technology has been recognized as a leader in information governance software and services across the legal industry, including acknowledgement from the National Law Journal, Corporate Counsel and Computer Technology Review.
FTI Office 365 Services Case Study
A private manufacturing company wanted to modernize its systems and adopt a cloud-first strategy, including a move to Microsoft Office 365, but the legal team needed to make sure that the company’s long-term governance and compliance needs would be met. FTI Technology stepped in to help determine whether Microsoft Office 365 alone would be sufficient or if the addition of third party tools was necessary, performing a series of interviews across teams, gathering requirements and creating a detailed gap analysis. Pleased with the results of the analysis, the company then engaged FTI to perform the Office 365 deployment and integrate the necessary third party governance tools. Bundling these services allowed FTI to implement a consistent program with long-term defensibility and reduce IT costs for the manufacturing company.