FTI Consulting Shares Thought Leadership On Key E-discovery Trends at Legal Tech New York
February 1st Educational Sessions Address Predictive Coding, Multinational Discovery, and Emerging Data Types in E-Discovery.
NEW YORK, NY – Jan. 28, 2011 — FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE:FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced that its FTI Technology business segment will present on key e-discovery issues during three educational sessions at the LegalTech New York conference next week. Legal practitioners can earn up to 4.5 continuing legal education (CLE) credits from most states by attending each of the three sessions on February 1st at the New York Hilton.
“The sessions provide a close look at several emerging and transformative e-discovery trends, including navigating data privacy regulations around the world, recent advances in review technology, and handling new data types such as social media and Microsoft SharePoint,” said Mike Kinnaman, senior managing director of FTI Technology. “Each session features an all-star panel of practitioners from corporations and law firms to share their insights and actionable advice for reducing e-discovery costs in a safe and defensible manner.”
The panel sessions, all to be held in the Trianon Ballroom of the New York Hilton, are:
1. Multinational Discovery: Privacy and Process, 10:30-11:45 am ET. The panel, moderated by Joe Looby, a senior managing director of FTI Technology, will discuss:
- The evolving data privacy regulatory environment, including in Europe, AsiaPac and South America.
- Common cross border scenarios and key “do’s and don’ts” for maintaining data privacy compliance.
- Best practices for multinational discovery and additional resources.
For additional information on multinational data discovery, please download the RAND Europe report E-discovery and Legal Frameworks in Europe.
2. Cloud, SharePoint and Social Media: Discovery on the Next Data Frontier, 2:00-3:15 pm ET. The panel, moderated by Larry Briggi, a managing director of FTI Technology, will discuss:
- The basic technical challenges for collecting, reviewing and producing relevant data from the cloud, SharePoint or social media sites.
- Recent case law involving these new data types.
- Best practices for managing these new data types as part of a holistic information management program.
For additional information on the challenges Microsoft SharePoint presents for e-discovery, please download the Enterprise Strategy Group whitepaper Incorporating SharePoint into Electronic Discovery Processes.
3. Predictive Coding: What You Need to Know, 3:45-5:00 pm ET. The panel, moderated by Manfred Gabriel, a managing director of FTI Technology, will discuss:
- An overview of the different types of computer-assisted review or “predictive” coding offerings available, including suggested coding, and how each differs from more traditional legal review technology.
- The processes needed to supplement the use of computer-assisted coding as part of a defensible legal review workflow.
- Key challenges for selecting and implementing computer-assisted technology, including the role of the review attorneys.
Each session will feature interactive polling of session attendees, as well as opportunities to win prizes by answering survey questions via Twitter using the #FTILTNY hashtag. In addition to these educational sessions, FTI Technology will be providing product demos in booth 2100 at the LegalTech New York 2011 conference. For more information on FTI Technology, please visit www.ftitechnology.com.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 3,600 employees located in most major business centers in the world, we work closely with clients every day to anticipate, illuminate, and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring. More information can be found at www.fticonsulting.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release may include "forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 that involve uncertainties and risks. Forward-looking statements include statements concerning our plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events, future revenues, future results and performance, expectations, plans or intentions relating to acquisitions and other matters, business trends and other information that is not historical, including statements regarding estimates of our future financial results. When used in this press release, words such as “estimates,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “projects,” “plans,” “intends,” “believes,” “forecasts” and variations of such words or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements, including, without limitation, estimates of our future financial results, are based upon our expectations at the time we make them and various assumptions. Our expectations, beliefs and projections are expressed in good faith, and we believe there is a reasonable basis for them. However, there can be no assurance that management’s expectations, beliefs and projections will result or be achieved or that actual results will not differ from expectations. The Company has experienced fluctuating revenue, operating income and cash flow in some prior periods and expects this will occur from time to time in the future. Other factors that could cause such differences include the pace and timing of the consummation and integration of past and future acquisitions, the Company's ability to realize cost savings and efficiencies, competitive and general economic conditions, retention of staff and clients and other risks described under the heading “Item 1A. Risk Factors” in the Company’s most recent Form 10-K and in the Company's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We are under no duty to update any of the forward-looking statements to conform such statements to actual results or events and do not intend to do so.
FTI, Attenex®, Patterns®, and Ringtail® are registered trademarks of FTI Consulting, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.