FTI Consulting works in partnership with its financial services clients as they manage their business challenges, specifically those imposed by the demanding and changing regulatory environment.
What we Offer
We work with all types of organizations: retail banks, investment banks, asset management, brokerage services, insurers and other major players from across the financial ecosystem.
With our globally integrated team, we offer comprehensive support for data and risk-related matters affecting all types of financial institutions – from fraud instances and investigative demands to defensibly reducing a data footprint.
- Global investigations, disputes and litigation services
- Forensic data analytics
- E-discovery and collection
- Data privacy and security
- Risk assessments and health checks
- Compliance and governance programs
- Due diligence and integration services for mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Data retention and defensible disposal consulting
- Contract Analysis for LIBOR and European Banking Authority requirements
Investigations and Fraud Services
FTI Consulting has a proven track record of helping organizations quickly conduct large and complex investigations. We are experienced in detecting and dealing with ever-increasing instances of fraud and responding to government requests. Located in key financial centers around the world, our team conducts sophisticated investigations, uncovers actionable intelligence and performs value-added analysis.
Where we can help:
- Forensic Collections
- Anti-Corruption Compliance
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Forensic Accounting
- Intellectual Property Theft & Trade Secret Misappropriation
Information Governance, Data Privacy and Compliance
FTI Consulting understands the financial services regulatory and economic environment, and help clients reduce risk and manage their business challenges.
Where we can help:
- Corporate Data Privacy Priorities
- Defensible Disposal and Records Retention Consulting
- Data Migration to Microsoft Office 365 and Other Cloud Providers
- Legal Hold Readiness
- Data Mapping
- Risk Assessments and Health Checks
- Compliance Monitoring
- Blockchain Advisory Services
M&A, Contract Intelligence and Legal Operations Excellence
Whether providing integration management support during a merger or divestiture, identifying contractual opportunities and obligations or assisting in day-to-day operations, FTI Consulting can reduce the burden on in-house teams, improve data governance framework and strengthen the risk posture for the organization.
Where we can help:
- Due Diligence Services for Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Consolidating and Segregating Business Data and Applications
- Staff Augmentation
- Legal Spend Analysis
- Contract Intelligence
FTI Consulting's LIBOR Transition Task Force
FTI Consulting has established a LIBOR Transition Task Force to advise affected stakeholders on the most challenging issues related to the shift in reference rates, including:
- Identifying and inventorying firm wide LIBOR exposure
- Real-time, dynamic modeling of the multi-faceted quantitative challenges of the LIBOR transition
- Developing enterprise-level communications
FTI Consulting’s breadth of expertise enables us to provide dynamic, customized end-to-end solutions for clients facing this transition.
As a continuation of its information risk management initiative, and to prevent future legal expenses relating to tape restoration, the client sought to remediate more than 50,000 backup tapes. With FTI’s guidance, the organization planned to destroy any tapes that contained legacy data no longer relevant to present legal hold or records retention obligations. Because the previous remediation and retention effort had solidified the email archive as the “golden source” for email data, any tapes containing email were also considered redundant and in need of disposal.
Given the client’s lack of a dedicated information governance program and decades of operating without a distinct and enforced email policies, a myriad of obstacles stood in the way of establishing a new approach. FTI would first need to understand the client’s email and file share universe, and identify any information within those systems that was subject to existing legal hold obligations. With that a baseline, the team could begin disposing of unnecessary data and prepare the archive for a new retention policy.