Washington, D.C., Aug. 14, 2017 — FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN) today announced that its Ringtail business has released version 9.2 of its award-winning e-discovery platform.
Ringtail 9.2 introduces social network analytics and a pre-configured workspace designed to accelerate the speed and accuracy of early case assessments and investigations. Legal teams can visualize and review social network and communication patterns found in the data. Demonstrations of Ringtail 9.2 will be available at ITLACON from August 14-17, 2017 in booth 431 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas.
"Our commitment to the Ringtail platform has never been stronger," said Sophie Ross, Global Chief Executive Officer of the Technology segment. "Our technology consulting and services teams rely upon Ringtail for the most sophisticated litigations because of its superior analytics, visualizations, predictive coding and continuous active learning capabilities."
Bill Adams, a Senior Managing Director and Head of the Ringtail business, added, "No other e-discovery application or application eco-system provides the depth and breadth of analytics that are standard in the Ringtail platform. Our new investigation workspace extends this by introducing a nuanced, interactive way of visualizing both the social network and the communication flow inside document sets. Now, in addition to answering the question 'who knew what, when', legal teams can answer 'who else knew what, when?'"
In addition to the new social network visualizations, the investigation workspace includes concept clustering, timeline analysis, keyword search, native file viewing and Ringtail's innovative conditional coding palette. This multi-dimensional view into the data is dynamic, meaning investigators can filter data in one view and have the other views in the workspace instantly represent the filtered selection.
"The challenge with investigations is that you don't know what you are looking for and what you don't know," said Skip Walter, Chief Product Officer for Ringtail. "The Ringtail approach to investigations is to merge the exploration and analysis phase with the document review phase. By combining the two traditionally separate processes into one, we accelerate not only the rate and accuracy of relevant fact-finding, but we speed up the decision-making process by legal teams."
In addition to the new investigations workspace, Ringtail 9.2 includes several enhancements to the document review tools, as well as performance and workflow improvements.
Notable updates include:
- List documents in the related pane: The optional related documents pane can be added to customized workspaces to list documents that are conceptually similar, in the same email thread and in the same family relationship to the selected document in the search result list.
- Apply annotations to an entire document or to specific pages: The image view now supports full-page highlights and redactions that can be applied individually or to an entire document at once.
- New data import/export features: Ringtail administration is now faster and easier with improvements to import, ingestion and production, including better suppression during ingestion and support for additional date formats during production.
- Language detection during indexing and enrichment: Indexing and enrichment jobs now code the language field with primary and secondary languages.
- Improved data up/down speeds for Ringtail Software as a Service ("SaaS") clients: Aspera Fast and Secure Protocol ("FASP") integration improves the speed and reliability of upload/download for Ringtail SaaS users.
The Ringtail e-discovery platform supports law firms and corporate legal teams of all sizes that are tasked with managing the complexity and scope of today's global e-discovery landscape. A full-featured platform, Ringtail software processes and culls data, provides a broad range of tools for data review and coding and empowers users with a comprehensive set of redaction and production tools. Ringtail also features world-class visual analytics, concept clustering, predictive coding and advanced workflows. Ringtail is available in a SaaS deployment model, as a managed services model with assistance from Ringtail's partner network or as an on-premises installation.
Ringtail e-discovery software delivers a unique visual approach to the many phases of e-discovery — from early case assessments and investigations to document review and trial preparation — that enables law firms and corporate legal teams to master the details of any legal matter. With more than 20 years of experience delivering innovative features, superior performance and massive scalability, Ringtail is uniquely qualified to handle today's "big data" e-discovery challenges. For more information, please visit www.ringtail.com, and connect with us on Twitter (@GoRingtail).
About FTI Consulting