FTI Technology Launches New Investigation Features within Radiance
Radiance Visual Analytics Platform Provides Rapid Insights into Data during Investigations
Washington, D.C., Aug. 29, 2016 — FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced the latest version of its Radiance visual analytics software platform. With enhanced visualization and similarity search features, Radiance enables organizations to quickly analyze big data in support of investigations or pre-discovery fact-finding.
“Risk, compliance and legal teams around the globe are grappling with the challenges of managing early case assessments and internal investigations due to volume and complexity of data found in today’s organizations,” said Eddie O’Brien, a Senior Managing Director in the Technology segment. “With the Radiance platform, we are harnessing the powers of machine learning, text analysis, keyword search and data visualization to give these teams an efficient and rapid way of exploring, analyzing and managing complex data sets. Radiance users tell us it is revolutionizing their approach to investigations of all sizes.”
Radiance recently won a Most Valuable Product (“MVP”) award from Computer Technology Review in the “Big Data” category for its innovative visual analytics. Building upon these features, Radiance now includes:
- Partition visualization: Investigations can quickly begin with a high-level overview of all the concepts found in the data set.
- Social networks: Users can view connections and drill down into communications between multiple parties with a single click.
- Similarity search: Easily accessible through the Radiance toolbar, investigators can quickly home in on important data and find similar materials across the dataset.
- Enhanced data filtering: Users can cut the data to focus on custodian names, file types and custom fields, such as personally identifiable information (“PII”).
- More detailed reports: Easy to generate and share with an investigative team, users can create comprehensive, visual reports which document the statistics associated with keyword searches, facet selection and visualizations.
“Radiance is helping law firms, corporations and government agencies manage both the complexity and chaos of large, unstructured data sets and master the millions of details found inside,” said Tim Anderson, a Managing Director in the Technology segment. “These new capabilities pay great dividends during an investigation. Whether analyzing social networks, finding similar documents or looking for sensitive PII, the new version of Radiance will provide greater insight to larger amounts of data at much quicker speeds.”
Radiance, launched in January 2016, allows organizations to connect, enrich, analyze and visualize millions of documents from disparate sources in a single user interface. With a powerful search engine and a library of advanced visualizations, Radiance can aid organizations in a number of common use cases, including investigations, early data assessment and the identification of high-risk data such as PII. Radiance provides a natural complement to FTI Consulting’s Ringtail® legal review software, and is delivered in the cloud through the Ringtail Software as a Service (“SaaS”) environment.
In addition to the Computer Technology Review MVP award, FTI Technology has received numerous honors from the legal and IT industries for software innovation, including selection by The National Law Journal, The Legal Intelligencer, The Recorder and KMWorld, as leaders within e-discovery software and services. FTI Technology was also included in the “Leaders” quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software report (Jie Zhang, Garth Landers, May 18, 2015).
Radiance demonstrations will be available at the ILTA 2016 conference in National Harbor, Md., from August 29 to September 1 in booth 804.