Technology & Services
FTI Technology is one of a small group of providers that can deliver hands-on expertise with Smarsh implementations, helping clients with technology solutions that enable improvements across governance, compliance monitoring and other adjacent functions. Our award-winning services help Smarsh clients as they face numerous threats to the health of their compliance programs, all while increasing the ROI on their Smarsh investments and reducing global risk.
Features and benefits of the FTI / Smarsh partnership include:
- Communications archiving, remediation and defensible disposal programs leveraging the Smarsh Enterprise Archive.
- Customized and optimized processes for extracting, reviewing and disclosing communications data contained in the Smarsh Enterprise Platform for e-discovery requests and compliance obligations.
- Deployment and enhancement of FTI Technology’s Connect solution to integrate Smarsh data with other downstream platforms, enabling faster insights and efficient data conversion for document review and investigations purposes.
- Extensive support for assessing, monitoring and capturing emerging data sources such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, WhatsApp and other messaging platforms of interest for regulatory enforcement.
The experts at FTI Technology offer a range of services to address the specific needs of each corporate compliance team and their specific Smarsh implementation.
Regulatory and Compliance Services
- Data and archiving strategy that pre-empts emerging regulatory issues and themes that need to be addressed (e.g. ensuring compliance with record keeping obligations for BYOD and ephemeral messaging applications including WhatsApp and WeChat)
- Supporting regulatory dialogue during and post implementation to ensure regulatory acceptance of the solution
- Aligning internal stakeholder groups and navigating the approvals process
- Design, development and implementation of policies, procedures and a target operating model to achieve defensible data archiving and minimization restoration and deletion across all businesses and geographies
- Apply ‘security-by-design’ principles to mitigate against inappropriate access of sensitive data and maintain data sovereignty
- Integration with in-scope data sources, migration of data from legacy archives and data stores together with necessary data remediation to ensure a full and accurate data position is achieved and controls are in place to maintain this position
- Downstream integration of Smarsh archive solution with end-user teams across the enterprise, including; legal, investigations, disputes, regulatory compliance and privacy teams
- Build-out a suite of holistic reports to provide a global view of data archives, OPEX savings and key insights
- Day-to-day management of global archives leveraging FTI’s follow-the-sun client services model
- Business-as-usual optimization and roll-out of additional features and functionality as per Smarsh roadmap and client requirements
Risk & Compliance Related Services
FTI Technology’s Risk & Compliance practice provides a robust suite of offerings to help address regulatory and legal compliance by translating policy into the data layer, including operational controls, defining current risk areas for improvement, assessing and implementing technology and establishing best practices. Core offerings also specialize in financial services compliance to help institutions implement data-driven programs that improve monitoring, detection and investigation for bribery, fraudulent activity, collusion, money laundering and other violations. Key services include:
Maturity Model Assessment
FTI experts perform a data maturity assessment to understand existing compliance related data sources and systems, measuring an organization’s technology capabilities and how data is relied upon in identifying, handling, and controlling for known compliance risks.
Compliance Technology Consulting
We will evaluate and optimize the overall technology stack and data stores being used within the compliance organization to assess any gaps in the program itself or the data being accessed. We will assist in integrating data, establishing best practices for metrics and reporting and setting up automated workflows and case management tools
Analytics & Monitoring
Working with the Smarsh team, we will determine the scope for monitoring business communications specific to the organization’s needs. This covers design, deployment and optimization of the specific monitoring capabilities and the use of data and analytics to flag potential misconduct.
With more than 7,500 employees located in 31 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities.
Why FTI For Smarsh?
Enhance ROI on Smarsh Deployments
Through our proven Information governance approach Smarsh clients have defensibly disposed of petabytes of data and released millions of pounds in OPEX savings due to reduction in data storage, termination of software license agreements, decommissioning of IT systems and closure of data centers.
Strong Reputation within Financial Services and with Global Regulators
FTI has an outstanding reputation in the financial services industry and with regulators across the globe. FTI’s team of 7,600 professionals in 31 countries are relied upon as a provider of advice and expert evidence in a wide range of matters. Our expertise has earned FTI the position as advisors to nine of the world’s top ten bank holding companies.
Proven Ability to Deliver Global, Technology-led Transformation
FTI are one of a few trusted Smarsh partners with a hands-on approach to supporting implementations. FTI experts have won awards for providing implementation support to a Global Tier 1 bank for a Smarsh Enterprise Archive e-communications archiving and data remediation program. Additional projects include implementation of the Smarsh Enterprise Archive platform for disclosure and eDiscovery.